Isaiah 49:14-16

I've been thinking about this today...

But Zion said, "The LORD has forsaken me; my Lord has forgotten me." "Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me.
(Isaiah 49:14-16 ESV)


What greater love, compassion, attention, and care can we witness in the world around us today than that of a mother with her infant? While even some mothers do neglect their children, the LORD has not and will not abandon us; Christ will not abandon the church, his bride. Do we deserve this? Nope. We deserve abandonment. I certainly do.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
(Isaiah 55:9 ESV)

Praise God!

1 jabberwocks:

Chase Abner Sunday, March 04, 2007 5:04:00 PM  

How cool was it that this very passage played an important role in God's message to His people at Lakleand this morning?

I think sometimes when I think about being in God's hand, I simply think of Him holding my life and ignore the fact that He only holds me because my name is carved there. It took a frightful, violent act to cleanse my life of all impurity. Otherwise, God's holiness kept me from drawing near.

About

My photo
Saint Louis, Missouri
"I quite agree with you," said the Duchess; "and the moral of that is -- 'Be what you would seem to be' -- or, if you'd like it put more simply -- 'Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.'"