That time of year...

Yes, indeed, it's that time of year. I love this time of year. It's the baseball time of year. The major league season begins this weekend with my beloved Cardinals taking on the Mets. It's feels a bit different coming off of a World Series win, as that hadn't happened in my lifetime prior to this year (I wonder how many Cubs fans haven't experienced the World Series victory...easy answer = practically none. Certainly single-digit numbers...but this isn't really supposed to be a Cubs-bashing post).

I'm also working in baseball for the first time this year, which is pretty cool. It'd be a lot nicer if I got paid more, but...

Things are really picking up around the office. Things are coming together as the Southern Illinois Miners approach Opening Day of our inaugural season. I'm busy, but it's usually a good busy.

That's all for now.

Go Cards, and go Miners!

MH

4 jabberwocks:

Chase Abner Saturday, March 31, 2007 8:36:00 AM  

I border on disdain for baseball, yet your post almost makes me excited for baseball season. Actually, I'm just happy for you in baseball... not baseball.

Jonathan Davis Monday, April 02, 2007 9:57:00 PM  

Mr. Mad Hatter,

I am glad to hear that you are a Cardinal fan. You should have let you blog roll into a Cubs bashing blog. If you can't rub your World Series Championship in on the Cubs, who can you?

Q. Are you going to hook some bros up with some tickity-ticket action for the Mina's? Just thought you might be able to pull some intern weight around the clubhouse...just a thought.

Caleb Thursday, April 19, 2007 10:50:00 AM  

I love baseball.

B. Kyle Thursday, April 19, 2007 2:41:00 PM  

Wow...three whole jabberwockies. I'm feelin' the love. I wish I had time to blog more often.

About

My photo
Saint Louis, Missouri
"I quite agree with you," said the Duchess; "and the moral of that is -- 'Be what you would seem to be' -- or, if you'd like it put more simply -- 'Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.'"