It is what it is

Had an online observer happened to refresh this blog every couple of minutes or so throughout the course of today, he/she would have witnessed quite the roller coaster. The blog was unable to connect to the site where my CSS sheet is being hosted for a while this morning, so I decided to throw caution to the wind, follow Johnny's advice, and switch to a new template during lunch.

Well, I had a few that I liked all lined up. I tried template number one, but couldn't quite get a few of the kinks worked out. So, I went with option number two, which I primarily like for the AJAX effects (click where it says "Pull"). It didn't work right away, and I decided not to fiddle too much with it. So, I'm back where I was when the day began.

Thank you all for your feedback. I'll be sticking with this for a while, and hopefully making use of this space, so that I can earn the right to change my template sometime down the road, should I so choose (thanks, Chase). I really do enjoy the layout...I think I've just been itching to tweak (it happens sometimes).

So, that's that. Stay tuned.

3 jabberwocks:

Anonymous Saturday, March 29, 2008 12:07:00 AM  

I am truly sad. I really enjoyed option number 2. The pull cord is brilliant...but I must admit had it not been for you telling me to pull it, I would have thought it to be just a part of the website design with no function to it.

But alas, I am glad to see 2 posts from you in a relatively short amount of time.

Congrats!

Chase Abner Saturday, March 29, 2008 7:34:00 AM  

I was serious when I said you could manage my blog. I'm quite tired with my template, but I don't have the energy to try and fix it.

B. Kyle Saturday, March 29, 2008 10:49:00 AM  

I'd probably do it if you really want me to. I kinda like tinkering with html and the like.

About

My photo
Saint Louis, Missouri
"I quite agree with you," said the Duchess; "and the moral of that is -- 'Be what you would seem to be' -- or, if you'd like it put more simply -- 'Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.'"